A special weekend is right around the corner. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, there’s always a reason to celebrate love. In this week’s Foodie Friday, we’re spilling our hearts with this irresistible paleo chocolate lava cake!
Just look at that rich chocolate crust and oozing melted centre, with a hint of buttered almonds that melts in your mouth.… Are you drooling right now? These are divine!
I know you should really be focused on your Valentine, but how can you concentrate on anything else when all this chocolate is involved? With all natural paleo ingredients, this is a healthy way to show your partner you care.
Happy Valentine’s Day and thanks for sharing the love!
LOVE OVERFLOW LAVA CAKE
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 12 min
Total time: 22 min
1/4 cup Coconut Oil or Grass-Fed Butter
1/3 cup 70% Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Egg Yolk
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbs Cacao Powder
1 tbs Almond Butter or Hazelnut Butter (both optional)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1. In a bowl combine the coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix until well combined.
2. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil until liquid.
3. Pour chocolate mixture into your bowl with the other ingredients and stir until you reach a smooth melted chocolate texture.
4. Add in cacao powder and stir well.
5. Pour your batter into small round oven trays.
6. Fill the trays and add your spoon full of almond butter in the center.
7. Place in the oven at 400 degrees for 12 minutes, until exterior is cooked and the middle is soft and melted.
Share this Post