It’s Foodie Friday!
This week, we decided to make use of some fresh produce picked up at our local farmer’s market. We found some beautiful organic strawberries and rhubarb, and decided it was the perfect time for a strawberry rhubarb crumble!
Using all the strawberries and rhubarb we picked up, we made double the portion you’ll find down below. The first batch didn’t even make it to the photos! After a second trip to the market (and a little restraint), we managed to get the shots we needed before digging in again shortly after.
As always, it’s gluten-free and Paleo, and makes the perfect in-season treat for guests with an amazing aroma and unique combination of flavors and textures.
Try it out while the strawberries are sweet and the rhubarb is tangy!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
2 cups Strawberries, chopped
2 cups Rhubarb, diced
3/4 cup Sprouted Almond Flour
2 tbs Coconut Flour
2 tbs Tapioca Flour
1/2 cup Sprouted Pecans, chopped
1 tbs Cinnamon, ground
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
5 tbs Honey
1 tbs Lemon Juice
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the pecans, coconut flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Add in softened coconut oil and 4 tbs (1/4 cup) of honey and mix evenly until a crumble is formed.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the strawberries, rhubarb, tapioca flour, lemon juice, and 1 tbs honey.
5. Grease a round cake pan with coconut oil, and spoon the filling into the pan.
6. Top the crumble evenly over the fruit filling.
7. Place the pan in the over and bake for 20-25 minutes, until crumble has browned.
8. After removing from the oven, let cool before serving and enjoy!
Share this Post